Wednesday, January 13, 2016

A NINTH GRADER RUBBED SNOT ON MY COAT - RANT

From the minute I woke up until now - this day has sucked. I felt sick when I woke up and a bunch of little annoying things happened throughout the day.
Even though I didn't feel well, I went to school knowing it was going to be an easy day, and I wore my warm cosy coat that I love. I don't have a picture of it, but I found this online and it's quite similar:




And it was fine... until this happened:
I was working on a project with a girl who's a year younger than me (I don't know her too well, but she's a feminist and hates the things that I hate, so I like her), we're gonna call her Noa.
Next to us, were Maya and Shira, two close friends of mine were working, and on the other side of the hallway were a bunch of boys. Only two of them are relevant to the story, let's say their names are Ido and Ofek.

While I was typing, Ofek comes from behind me, with a hand full of Ido's snot - and rubs it on the shoulder of my favorite jacket. Who does that??? I obviously know he was trying to be funny - but read to the end because I'm 500% sure he regrets it now.

I was VERY mad, obviously, so I told him I want him to take it to the dry cleaning (because it's not something you can just throw into a laundry machine) and show me the receipt (he's known for being an idiot and doing stupid things, therefore I don't trust him).
Then - he had the nerves to say no and argue with me - as if I don't hate him enough.
We were yelling at each other for so long that people started watching (yunno - that's what high-schoolers do when there's a fight) - and Maya starts filming me!! I literally went over to her house yesterday and taught her math and gave her relationship advice and tried helping her with her eating disorder!!! Does she really want to lose me? I don't think so!!

Anyway, Maya and Shira are telling me I'm making way to big of a deal out of this. I'd like to see how they'd respond if anyone did that to them.
And if Ofek would've just apologized and said "sorry, I'll take it to the dry cleaners" none of this would've happened. Would that have been so hard? No.
Then - I told him if he doesn't take it I'll tell the teachers. So what does he do?
He says he'll take it - and he takes it to the bathroom and puts water and (hand) soap on it! What an idiot. He just made it worse.

I told him again that I'll tell the teachers. He said "fine" in an underestimating voice. I don't know what school he's planning on going to next year - but report cards are this month, and I'm pretty sure this story will appear in his. Good luck.
I told my teacher - and again - my 'friends' were telling me I'm overexaggerating. She said she'll work on it and see what she could do.

I went upstairs to the hallway we were first in because there's a couch there. I lied there for who-knows-how-long, crying and begging my parents to come to my school (that's pretty far away from where they work) and pick me up.
Eventually, my step-dad agreed to pick me up. It took him about 40 minutes I think, from when he agreed to come. Kids were wondering around, watching me cry and asking if I'm okay. It was so embarrassing, and this part made it all so much worse.
Eventually, a (different) teacher sees me and takes me downstairs. So many more people saw me cry. It was terribly embarrassing.

Just when my stepdad had called to say he'd be there in 5 minutes, Shira found me and asked what's going on and why I told the teacher and if I understand how much harder I made it for him to get into a new high school. Yes, I do know, but I really really really don't care.
I was so sick of this terrible day - so I may have been a little rude to her - but I told her that I didn't want to speak to her.
My step-dad took me to my mom's office and we had lunch together. It made me feel better.

The rest of my day didn't go great, but I'm feeling a lot better now. I also just want you to note that I do have friends at school, but since everyone's been working on their projects I haven't seen them so much today. I also can't wait to see how much trouble he gets into, don't worry - I'll keep you updated!

*The names I used are not their actual names

Do you have any stories from high school? I'd love to read them - so please write them in the comments or send me links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I will get back to you as soon as I can. It means so much to me when people actually take their time to read my blog & comment. Xx